Better-for-you options at your favorite fast-food chain

Posted: September 16, 2013 in NERDSTEAK - Food View
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

ID-10013075Don’t shoot the messenger.  Some people need to satisfy their craving for fast food, but if you must, there are some better for you options if you know where to look.  Although nothing would beat making your own meals, these would be decent options for people who are on a calorie restrictive diet, looking to eat small meals throughout the day, and need their fast food fix.  This also does not include the obvious salad choices, because lets face it, you are most likely not craving a fast food establishments salad…

• Subway – 6 inch turkey on wheat with everything, no cheese, no sauce, add vinegar without any oil, plus salt and pepper (280 calories, 4 grams of fat, 46 grams of carbs, 5 grams of fiber, 18 grams of protein)
  • Taco Bell – 3 fresco chicken soft tacos (420 calories, 10.5 grams of fat, 48 grams of carbs, 6 grams of fiber, 30 grams of protein)
  • Sonic – Grilled chicken wrap w/o light ranch (360 calories, 8 grams of fat, 39 grams of carbs, 2 grams of fiber, 31 grams of protein)
  • BurgerKing – Tendergrill chicken sandwich w/o mayo (400 calories, 11 grams of fat, 43 grams of carbs, 2 grams of fiber, 31 grams of protein)
  • McDonalds – Premium grilled chicken classic sandwich w/o mayo (300 calories, 3.5 grams of fat, 41 grams of carbs, 3 grams of fiber, 27 grams of protein)
  • Arby’s – Roast beef classic (360 calories, 14 grams of fat, 35 grams of carbs, 1 gram of fiber, 23 grams of protein)
  • Chipotle – Barbacoa burrito bowl w/ brown rice, fajita veggies, tomato salsa and lettuce (375 calories, 11.5 grams of fat, 42 grams of carbs, 5 grams of fiber, 29 grams of protein)
  • Wendy’s – Ultimate chicken grill w/o sauce (330 calories, 3.5 grams of fat, 40 grams of carbs, 2 grams of fiber, 34 grams of protein)
  • Chick-fil-A – Grilled chicken cool wrap (330 calories, 12 grams of fat, 28 grams of carbs, 15 grams of fiber, 38 grams of protein)
Comments
  1. Me says:

Great information! Thanks for sharing.😊

2. Yay, now I can eat Chick-fil-A without feeling guilty! Great post!

3. Rainpops says:

Only have 3 of those in Norway, but I guess less temptation then 😀 Nice post, know what o get next time now 😉

4. I love the fresco chicken soft taco! I also eat the fresco beef crunchy taco. It’s right at the same calories. Great blog!

5. SandyLand says:

The new veggie wrap from MacDonald’s has 900mg of sodium. I had one a few weeks ago BEFORE I knew about the sodium content. I had to do another hour of exercise when I got home. McDonald’s is badass and not in a good way.

• chefman316 says:

My only thing is sodium does not contain calories…yes it will make you retain water and some other health concerns, but for an active person, they can flush out the salt with exercise and increased water intake, which makes it not as bad as you might think…
      MH

• SandyLand says:

It had close to 500 calories in it. Which, you know, is a lot for a “veggie sandwich.” I only ate there under duress (playdate with my nephews). The sandwich in all its glory is not as good as one might seem. It one is allotted only a certain amount of sodium per day (I don’t allot myself a lot) then that sandwich, combined with regular food/meals, can put you over the limit.

Still wanna get married??

6. SandyLand says: