Stuff I cooked this week…

Posted: September 20, 2013 in Uncategorized

Here are a few highlights from the things I cooked this week:

BACON BOWL!!!

BB

Quinoa Crab Cake, Confit Tomatoes, Hemp Heart Pesto Aioli

Quinoa Crab Cake

Sunny Up Eggs, Avocado, Tomato and Red Onion Hash

IMG_1055

Comments
  1. bgddyjim says:

Reblogged this on Fit Recovery and commented:
    Dude, a bowl… Made with BACON?!!!

2. Rainpops says:

D.r.o.o.l.

3. BikeWar says:

Thanks my friend….I’m training for a marathon and this bacon bowl pops what? Arrrgghhh….:)

4. Serena says:

I’ve been thinking of nestling baked eggs in some bacon-lined muffin cups…this gives me some ideas. Thanks!

5. You had me at Bacon Bowl.

6. nicolemkurz says:

Sweet baby jesus. What did you put in that bowl of awesome? Please tell me it involved more bacon.

7. thefoodstew says:

Gotta try that!!! Amazing..bacon bowl

8. starwispy says:

Thanks for stopping by my blog! You have some great tips on here 🙂

9. That bacon bowl looks fantastic!

10. SandyLand says:

I neeeed the recipe for your quinoa crab cake. Please? And thank you? With sugar on top? (Ok, nix the sugar.) 🙂

• chefman316 says:

1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
      1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
      1/2 cup panko break crumbs plus extra to coat cakes
      2 whole eggs
      1/2 cup mayonnaise
      Vegetable oil for frying

Mix Red Quinoa, crab, celery, onion, red pepper, Parmesan cheese and parsley in bowl and toss until evenly incorporated. Add salt, black pepper, garlic, and red pepper flakes then continue to blend. Add eggs and mayonnaise the mix just until evenly incorporated. Grab a small handful of the mixture and pack into a patty, then coat the outside in the extra panko bread crumbs.
      Heat vegetable oil in a sauté pan on medium heat, the brown both sides of the patty until golden, about 2 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towel before serving with your favorite accompaniments.

Makes 4 to 6 servings.

• chefman316 says:

Let me know if you have any other questions, and thanks for checking out my blog!
      MH

11. Bacon bowl. WOW! Love the Quinoa Crab Cakes. Gotta try those! 🙂 Great blog! Thanks for liking mine!

12. Yum! I’m thinking of breakfast right now and would love to rip them out of the screen. Cheers!

13. transfitblog says:

Thank you for liking my Total Transformation Workout post! Check back in the future for more recipes and workouts!

14. SandyLand says:

So I tried the crab cakes last night……marry me???
    Seriously, they were so delish. I omitted the celery because I think celery is absolutely disgusting in taste and texture, but otherwise the cakes were super yum!!!!!

15. Watch Alex Go says:

You had me at, “Bacon Bowl”. Un-f*cking-real.

16. Theresa says:

Love the bacon bowl! How about a post showing how you did it? Do tell! 😉

17. bradybeckman says:

Might need a guest post from you sometime, my man.

18. Great pictures, wonderful inspiration

19. Thank you for checking out my blog!

I’ve heard that bourbon is actually the new bacon, which makes me very happy because I’m a fan of both.

Think you would love the bourbon, bacon brownies I made the other day. Loving your blog. L.

20. thebrookcook says:

Your egg dish looks super tasty!

21. Bacon Bowl?! That is freaking awesome! My husband and I want to marry you, but we’re currently fighting over who gets the honors. 😉

22. fnicole1 says:

Thank you for posting the recipe for the quinoa crab cakes! I’m going to try it with homemade Greek yogurt instead of the mayo like you suggested! Thank you for the likes on my posts as well! I have enjoyed all of the postings I have read of yours!!

23. nwayne1012 says:

That bacon bowl is a work of art!

24. marlab671 says:

mmm…bacon.

25. jamiesfunny says:

A bacon BOWL?!! You know how to capture attention 😉

26. […] many of you have seen the awesomeness that is the bacon bowl? If you haven’t, you should head on over to Chef Mike Haracz’s blog NERDSTEAK and check […]