Seared Scallops with Funghi Porcini Risotto

Posted: January 8, 2014 in NERDSTEAK - Straight Up Food
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,
Seared Scallops with D'allesandro Foods Porcini Risotto

Seared Scallops with D’allesandro Foods Porcini Risotto

Here is a recipe I created using an already seasoned Porcini Risotto from D’allesandro.  It’s very simple to make, and you only need water or broth, and about 20 minutes to cook.  It comes out nice and creamy without having to add extra cream or cheese.  If you want to give it a try, you can buy it right here!

Seared Scallops with Funghi Porcini Risotto

4 cups cooked D’allesandro Funghi Porcini Risotto
12 sea scallops, patted dry
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons grapeseed
Scallion oil or extra virgin olive oil, for garnish
Shaved parmesan, for garnish
2 tablespoons chile threads, for garnish

Cook Funghi Porcini Risotto according to package instructions.
Pat the scallops on both sides with paper towel, then season with salt and pepper.
Heat grapeseed oil in a cast iron skillet over high heat, then sear scallops on both sides until golden brown, about 1 minute per side. Do not overcook.
Place on paper towel to drain excess oil.
To serve, place some risotto on each plate and drizzle scallion oil or extra virgin olive oil around the plate.
Sprinkle with shaved parmesan and place three scallops on each plate. Top with a pinch of chile threads and serve.

Makes 4 servings

Let me know if you make it at home and how it turns out!

Comments
  1. This sounds amazing! But I am not fancy enough to eat scallops…yet.

2. reocochran says:

I love scallops and think this sounds heavenly!

3. ooo yum. I love scallops!

4. The oil really looks so pretty and interesting! Did you make it?

5. Aspen says:

Looks and sounds amazing! Nice work.

6. laurgardner5 says:

This sounds delicious!!! Writing down the recipe & can’t wait to try it.

7. Looks delish, but im one of those lazy cooks, if it’s not ingredients i will find in my regular store, i wont look for it and then wont make the dish. 🙂

8. Gabriella says:

This looks mega delicious! I’m cooking a risotto this weekend and this has inspired me to add scallops into the mix! Thanks 🙂

9. Serena says:

Looks like I have dinner tonight, though I’ll need to make my own risotto. I’ll just have to break out those dried porcini from Italy that my parents brought when they last visited me. Yum! Plus, I’ve been jonesing for scallops. Thanks for sharing!

10. Thanks for the like. Your food is gorgeous! I am now a follower. If you like what you see on my blog, I’d love a follow back.

11. SandyLand says:

I’m going to take a vacation to wherever you are so that you may make this for me. 🙂